Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Callback-Part 1- You get to perform today!

The Callback - Part 1

I thought this was appropriate today since - I have a call back today! I'll be Dancing, Singing and Reading for Matron Mama Mortan in Chicago. So - I'll share with you what I did between my original audition and today.
  • Listened to Chicago once all the way through. I know the show - or I would have listened a lot more
  • Listened to Mama's songs
  • Sang through Mama's songs
  • Read the script.  Read through all Mama's scenes a couple of times, a couple of different ways with different objectives. OUTLOUD!
  • Read scenes with somone else, got their feedback, tried it on for size, kept some ideas, threw other's away.
  • Came up with questions - if given the opportunity - to ask at the callback
This morning - I got up early, Drank water, started warming up, ate a good breakfast with some protein, drank coffee - drank more water to make up for the coffee, stretched out, practiced the few dance moves I know, warmed up my voice a little more. Petted the dog.

Now - I will hop into the shower, get dressed for the dance call, take a change of clothes for after the dance call, make sure I have water - lots of it! Pack some protien and BREATH.

The most important thing I can do today and that anyone can do at a callback - after you've done your research of course - is to have fun. Even if I never get to perform the role for an audience with this company - I do today. TODAY I am Mama Morton - TODAY I have a captive audience. TODAY I get to have fun - act, sing, dance PLAY, try different things with different people. TODAY I get to do what I love - Perform. That was true with my original audition and it is true today. If one starts looking at auditions as performance opportunities - the audition process becomes a lot easier. 

HAVE FUN! You get to perform today!

1 comment:

  1. When you put it that way, callbacks are a lot less scary and a lot more fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete