Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ann Evans Zavada

There are a lot of teachers out there. I mentioned that I would be highlighting several over the next week. All of the voice teachers I will be talking about are ones I have worked with in some capacity. Either as a fellow teacher, fellow actor, or as a student. Often - all three!


Let us begin


Ann Evans Zavada

Ann has been my primary Musical Theatre, Belt technique teacher and Song Choice go to Gal (yeah - I made that title up) for 7 years. So I have a lot of personal experience as a student with Ann.

Ann is located in North Seattle. Her studio is an offshoot of her home. Spacious but not overly so, comfortable and beautiful.

Ann plays piano. Now, you'll have to ask her how proficient she thinks she is. I think she's pretty decent! Ann plays well enough to accompany me on audition pieces. She plays for lessons. Ann sometimes hires outside accompanist for special events.

Ann has a great little device that allows you to walk out with a CD of your lesson. Bring your own blank CD.

Ann holds cabaret's about once (sometimes twice) a year for her students to perform. A "showcase" of sorts. 


As I mentioned above Ann specializes in Musical Theatre and Belt Technique. Ann teaches you how to Belt safely and when not to belt.   I learned a lot from the way she teaches the Belt technique. I mix when I have the option but if I want to Belt safely I do so because of my work with Ann. She works every piece of music you are preparing to help you navigate those choices and execute them within the song.


Her library and musical knowledge of the cannon is extensive and impressive!


She's not a guru  (but has decent following!) Ann brings in guests on occasion. I have worked with Micheal Lavine and Terrance Mann out of her studio. They were incredible workshops. Check those guys out! Ann has a lot of students - Proffesionals and college bound.


You may contact an via email at annevansz@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment