Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jeff Caldwell - New York

Jeff Caldwell was the go to Music Director here in Seattle....Until he abandoned us-- Oh - I mean made a career choice and moved to New York.

Seriously...He is amazing and Seattle misses him. For those of you thinking of going to New York or already there -Let's talk about Jeff.


Recording: Yes, he does encourage it - I don't know if you bring your own or if he provides a machine. I suspect you should bring a device.

Gender: Well he is a boy.

Piano Skills: He is amazing. Plays everything, knows everything, sight reads well. He is amazing! Truly and excellent pianist.

Style: Specializes in legit technique, crossover coaching, and actors who sing. Because he regularly plays Broadway auditions he has a great sense of what goes on in the audition room.

Reputation vs. Isolationist: In my eh hem..Youth..I had a hard time hearing my register in comparison to boy registers. Jeff encouraged me to seek out a female teacher. At the same time he also taught me how to listen to his register and figure out where mine was in relationship to his. I did both. Yeah - Jeff and I go WAY back! So, I believe in seeing both genders - but as I said before - personal choice!

Location: New York based. best way to reach him - email! tomjeff1115@hotmail.com

Prices: New York prices are much higher than ours. Jeff's are really reasonable for NYC. $80.00 plus room rental but - he does negotiate-sliding scale. Ask.

I love this man. I still use some of the imagery he taught me after 20 years. The oblong Christmas Tree Ornament is still a fave! If you are NY - look him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment