Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Musical Theatre Audition

The Musical Theatre Audition
Let me first say – have you read the fundamentals I posted earlier in this blog? Yes – Good! No – after you read this run on sentence – Stop – go read them- come back. Are back? Let us begin.
Auditioning for a musical is the same as any other audition with a few more elements thrown in. Singing and Dancing. Here is the thing. Singing is not just about sounding pretty. It is, or it should be, about acting the song.  Dancing is about – well – I’ll leave that to the experts (guest bloggers) but for me – it’s about doing the best I can and trying really hard to get them to look at my face – not the rest of my body! Over the next couple of posts we are going to talk about choosing an audition song. We will talk about ballads vs. up tempo, how to organize your book, how many books you should have, acting a song, where to find music, voice lessons etc.
We will also have some discussions and posts from some Music Directors, Choreographers and maybe a couple surprise visits!
In the mean time, keep singing. I hear Carols are hot right now! ;0

No comments:

Post a Comment